Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Time in Beyblade: Part 1.

My time in Beyblade: Part 1. As most of you know or should know, I’m an avid fan of the game Beyblade. I help run tournament for the World Beyblade Organization. It’s been a big part of my life since 2010. Some people have asked me why I Beyblade and why I’m so avid about it. Well here’s the story; Back in August of 2010, my ex fiancée and I broke up. Long story short it didn’t work out between us. After that I was severely depressed. I found the WBO a month or so after she left. Little did I know how much that was going to change my life. I found out they had tournaments, with no age limits. And if you grew up in the plastic/HMS era you know how big that was. But there were no tournaments around me. So I took this time to learn about the game and make friends online. Fast forward to May 2011, Deikailo came to North Carolina with Shippudenface and TheProblem. She hosted the first NC Beyblade tournament. I won that tournament. And that began my career as a Tournament organizer. I had a few tournaments where I didn’t run them so well. But at these tournaments I met Ziro, Hitsugiya, Defstamina88, & Axel Phantom. All people I still call my friends. We started having tournaments at Tier Zero Gaming on a regular basis. That’s where I met Primus & Stormscorpio1. People I count as close friends even today. Fast forward to January 2012, I made the decision I wanted to travel to Toronto Ontario Canada for Anime North and Beyblade Crusade 2. My parents greeted it with mixed emotions. But they gave me their blessings. I started saving up for it. In March I purchased my tickets for the event. Ziro and his mom decided to accompany me to Toronto. Toronto was an experience in itself. That’s a whole other blog. But the trip changed me for the better. It was amazing. And ultimately I ended up winning Beyblade Crusade 2. And that’s when things started to change… Part 2 will be up in a day or two… Howard Howell Dark_Mousy

No comments:

Post a Comment